Friday, July 4, 2008

1947- top notch!!


Sri. Jawaharlal Nehru welcomes you at the ground floor as you enter to take the lift to this excellent restaurant “1947”!! There is a rustic door on the right when you disembark the lift. A welcoming sign to this place is a cannon surrounded by pebbles, that is placed on your right as you enter in!
The fragrance of the food attacks your nose as you are still enjoying this ‘old times’ feeling of the venue!
Very intricately done interiors, gives a sense of being to one of the aristocratic houses of yesteryears!
Every detail is carefully taken care of to present to you the feeling of the REAL India during 1947!
The switches on the switch boards reminded me of the place I grew up, my Grand mom’s place! The chairs are coir ones that I still have in my house as a reverence to our grand-parents!

The food too, is as welcoming as the ambience. A wholly vegetarian, non-alcoholic restaurant is a treat to the family and a good outing with friends, new and old alike !!

The arrays of dishes are also fantastic. You might want to omit Missi Roti as I didn’t find it great. The rest of the things on the menu are great to go with! Biryani is something that we [my cousin and myself ] relished, hot and fragrant and lip-smacking !!!

“Always at your service”, seems to be the motto of the staff there as they respect their patrons enormously well!!

If you are looking at prices…then one might be a little disappointed when compared to the prices of that of the Sagar food chains across Bangalore.
But for the ambience and the quality of food and the service I think it’s nominal.

Hmm… after tempting you all to this place…let me tell you where is it…Its on the Devegowda Petrol bunk ring road, BSK 2nd stage, Bangalore.
When you are coming from the petrol bunk side, there is an Ashwa TVS showroom on your left , a little ahead there is a bath ware showroom [I can’t recollect the name of that store though. It’s quite a unique name].
1947, is right above that! Happy eating!! I went there on the 10th day of its opening, so didn’t need reservation. You might want to book your table now, especially on the weekends!
Take care and I hope you enjoy this!!
Love

Suj

No comments: