Thursday, April 10, 2008

Words we use...

Sometime during my third year of UG, we visited a school for the mentally retarded called Amulya.
Children much older than us by age,simple and innocent.Doing things that we used to do during our childhood and summer camps.
They were making candles that light our lives.
They were making foot mats that help make our houses[lives] anti-slip.
It touched me!Tears swelled my eyes and rendered me speechless.

In Psychological terms these children are called Idiots, Morons and Imbiciles, depending upon their IQ levels.
I realised how casually we use these words as fad lingos to address people who sometimes don't seem to get us right or do things rightly.
It is like demeaning these little children who are as naive as a bud or as fresh as a morning dew.

I thought this was worth sharing with you all!
I won the second prize for sharing this experience with friends on Mouthshut.com!

Take care and talk right!

Love
Suj

No comments: